Dental veneers are a comparatively new advance in fashionable beauty dentistry. Earlier than dental veneers, beauty dentists used dental crowns to change the form and shade of a tooth. Dental crowns may very well be used to re-shape the tooth to fill an area, lengthen a tooth and even right minor orthodontic points. The drawback of a crown is that a lot of the tooth’s pure construction is misplaced to make room for the crown.
The appearance of the dental veneer introduced a number of benefits to beauty dental sufferers – the first one being that veneers can be utilized cosmetically in a lot the identical manner as crowns, however with out almost as a lot lack of the pure tooth construction.
What are Veneers?
Dental veneers are very skinny, customized crafted shells of tooth-colored supplies which cowl the entrance floor of tooth.
They are often comprised of porcelain or from resin composite supplies. Porcelain veneers resist stains higher than resin veneers and look extra pure since they replicate mild a lot because the enamel of pure tooth.
Resin veneers have the benefit of being thinner and subsequently require even much less elimination of the tooth floor. It is beneficial that you just focus on along with your beauty dentist your best option of veneer for you.
Benefits of dental veneers
They made from porcelain supply a number of benefits when in comparison with composite bonding or dental crowns.
Whereas veneers nonetheless supply the identical means to alter a tooth’s shade and form as dental crowns, veneers are thought of a extra conservative remedy.
Simply as with porcelain dental crowns, using porcelain within the fabrication of the veneer makes it naturally stain resistant. Porcelain veneers look extraordinarily pure and when used on a person tooth, porcelain veneers are shade matched with neighboring tooth to present them a blended and pure look.
What dental issues can veneers be used for?
Dental veneers are utilized by dentists to resolve quite a lot of beauty points. These embody:
• Shaping of tooth: tooth will be lengthened or shortened to make the smile in proportion to your facial options
• Areas between tooth: tooth will be widened to fill areas between tooth
• Tooth staining: sure sorts of tooth staining, comparable to staining attributable to tetracycline or different drugs can’t be corrected via tooth whitening procedures; veneers can cowl the sort of staining
• Broken tooth: this class consists of chipped or damaged tooth
• Crooked tooth: minor orthodontic corrections will be made utilizing dental veneers
Are you an excellent candidate for dental veneers?
It is necessary to think about the long-term results of any beauty dental process. For instance, using dental veneers will not be reversible and though they’ll final a very long time, as with every dental restoration, they are going to ultimately have to be changed.
Make sure to ask your dentist your whole questions on dental veneers and decide in case you are an excellent candidate for a similar.
The next are some further information about porcelain veneers which will assist information a extra detailed focus on along with your dentist.
• Coloration: If you happen to plan on whitening your tooth, do that earlier than getting veneers, then match the whitened shade of your pure tooth to the veneers. They can’t be whitened.
• Suitability: Your dentist will let you realize if you happen to’re not an excellent candidate for veneers. A few widespread causes for this might embody: unhealthy tooth with an insufficient quantity of current enamel on the tooth floor or for individuals who clench or grind their tooth.
• Sturdiness: Veneers are very sturdy, however ought to they chip or crack, they aren’t repairable.
The dental veneer course of
Having porcelain veneers sometimes requires three appointments at your dental clinic. The primary appointment is a session to reply your questions and design a remedy plan primarily based in your wants. Two further appointments will probably be wanted – one to arrange the tooth and the opposite to use your new dental veneers.